However, a major drawback with the Xiaomi Poco F1, depending on who you ask, is the software it runs on. Unlike the OnePlus One which ran on Cyanogen OS, a very stock Android like ROM with extra features, the Poco F1 runs a customized version of MIUI. For some, MIUI is just what they need while for others it’s an ugly headache. If you fall into the latter category, you can now install an Android Oreo-based Pixel Experience ROM on Xiaomi Poco F1 to get a more stock and fluid experience.
- Hence, you can flash this Android 11 ROM and experience all the latest features of the eleventh major update.
- The MIUI launcher has always been polarizing because of its iOS-like functioning of just having a home screen and skipping the app drawer.
- Since this phone has many users, we have ministered a list of the best custom ROMs for POCO F1 here.
- You must already be able to pass basic CTS profile attestation, which requires a valid combination of device and model names, build fingerprints, and security patch levels.
- Also remember that you might need to get the security patch date that corresponds to the fingerprint you find (see Matching the Android security patch date above).
- While many of you might not be familiar with the name https://www.cittashop.it/unlock-the-potential-of-your-sgh-t999l-download, LineageOS is actually the same custom ROM that started as CyanogenMod.
If you care primarily about having the best performance or you want to make sure your phone will stay fast for several years, then it’s very hard to beat the POCOphone for the money. Raw specs don’t tell the full story, but the F1 definitely gets all the basics right. Not only does the POCOphone match OnePlus 6 or HONOR 10, it beats phones like the Galaxy S9 or Pixel 2 (and very likely the Pixel 3).
- Customization and mods from the developer community are one of the many reasons that make Android the most popular mobile operating systems in the world.
- Ensure to install the right custom ROM on your Android phone.
- It is used to communicate with any device that runs the Android operating system.
That would make it two major OS updates for the phone, which is more than most devices in its price segment get. 1) Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Oreo) On old device by installing third-party ROMs like Lineage Os 14.1 or 15. Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by HTC or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Versions from BigKaka are the most popular for this phone. Versions from MWP also work and are closer to the original app. Select the download type first, then select your device from the drop down menu.